House of Wonders
The House of Wonders was built for ceremonial purposes by Sultan Barghash in 1883. It is one of six palaces built by the second Sultan of Zanzibar. It is a tallest landmark building in the heart of Stone Town overlooking the Forodhani Gardens on the old town's seafront, in Mizingani Road. It is located between the Old Fort and the Palace Museum (and former Sultan's Palace). It currently houses the Museum of History & Culture of Zanzibar & the Swahili Coast. The House of Wonders Museum was inaugurated in the early 2000s. It exhibits on aspects of the Swahili and Zanzibari culture as well as the East African environment.